This Nikon D7200 DSLR camera features built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (near-field communication) technology, so you can easily share stored photos and videos across devices. The DX-format CMOS sensor helps ensure clear shooting. Nikon D7200 DSLR Camera (Body Only) - Black
Aside from increasing the frame rate, the 1.3x crop mode has a couple of other useful applications. It extends the reach of your lenses if you need to get closer to a subject, such as when shooting sports or wildlife, and with 24 million pixels of resolution, there's plenty of scope for cropping in on subjects while still being able to produce large, high quality prints. Secondly, it means that the 51 autofocus points cover the whole of the frame, rather than being grouped around the centre.
Speaking of autofocus, in what is a first for a DX format (APS-C) camera, the D7200 is capable of focusing at down to -3EV, thanks to the improved Multi-CAM 3500-II 51-point autofocusing system inherited from full-frame models higher up the Nikon range.
You won't see it from the outside, but the D7200 has an autofocus system with improved sensitivity and a more powerful Expeed 4 processor, and offers higher ISO settings than its predecessor.
The autofocus module has 15 cross-type sensors, and one central sensor which is sensitive down to f/8. This makes the autofocus system usable with telephoto lenses and teleconverter combinations where the maximum available aperture is f/8 – the lens's maximum aperture falls when you use a teleconverter.
Another improvement is in the camera's sensitivity range. The D7200 has a native range of ISO 100-25600, up from the D7100's native top end of ISO 6400. There are also Hi BW1 and Hi BW2 expansion settings, which take you up to a whopping ISO 102400 (equivalent); however, these two options are only available in JPEG mode and produce monochrome images.
The D7200 comes with Picture Control 2.0, which we've already seen in other Nikon cameras such as the D750 and the D5500. That means that there are seven different Picture Controls, including the new Flat mode, which produces images with reduced contrast and maximum dynamic range – videographers are more likely to use this than photographers, as it makes grading and enhancing footage easier.
DX-format CMOS sensor
- Captures high-resolution images up to 6000 x 4000 pixels.
Nikon F mount
- Allows you to attach a variety of compatible lenses (not included).
- Makes it easy to review shots.
- Allows you to record high-definition 1080p footage. A built-in stereo microphone enables crisp sound capture.
6 fps (frames per second)
- For rapid continuous shooting.
- Enables shooting in most lighting conditions.
- Allows you to bring subjects into clear view.
- Helps you set up your shots.
- Lets you add light to scenes when necessary. A hot shoe allows you to attach an external flash (not included).
EXPEED 4 image processing
- Promotes optimal performance.
- Plus flat picture control, zebra stripe highlight monitoring and in-camera time lapse for versatility.
- Include autumn colors, beach/snow, blossom, candlelight, child, close-up, dusk/dawn, food, landscape, night landscape, night portrait, party/indoor, pet portrait, portrait, sports, sunset and more.
- Allows you to connect compatible wireless devices. NFC (near-field communication) technology simplifies pairing with select devices.
- Accept SD, SDHC and SDXC formats.
- Height: 2.6 inches
- Width: 5.6 inches
- Depth: 4.3 inches
- Weight: 27.04 ounces
- Color Category: Black
- Computer Connectivity: Windows|Mac
- Digital Zoom: None
- Image File Format(s): JPEG|RAW
- Image Resolution: 6000 x 4000
- Image Stabilization: None
- Imaging Sensor Vertical Size: 15.6 millimeters
- Imaging Sensor Horizontal Size: 23.5 millimeters
- Memory Card Compatibility: Secure Digital|Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)|Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC)
- Memory Card Included: No
- Number Of Batteries Required: 1
- Number Of Memory Card Slots: 2
- Screen Size: 3.2 inches
- Display Type: LCD
- Touch Screen: No
- Tripod/Monopod Mountable: Built-in
- Water Resistant: No
- Wi-Fi Built-in: Yes
- 3D Capture: No
- Face Detection: Yes
- Frame Rate: 6 frames per second
- Cold Resistant: No
- Internal Memory Included: No
- Low Light/High Sensitivity: Yes
- Image Sensor Type: CMOS
- Output(s): USB|HDMI
- Shock Resistant: No
- Varying Angle Screen: No
- Viewfinder: Optical
- White Balance Modes: Auto (2 types), incadescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy and more
- Smile Mode: No
- Autofocus: Yes
- Digital Camera Type: DSLR Camera Body Only
- Flash Modes: Auto|Red-eye reduction|Slow sync|Off
- Integrated Flash: Yes
- High Definition: Yes
- Integrated GPS: No
- Integrated Projector: No
- ISO Settings: ISO 100 - 25600
- Lens Mount Compatibility: Nikon F
- Maximum Flash Range - Telephoto: 39 feet
- Maximum Flash Range - Wide: 39 feet
- Maximum Expandable ISO: 25600
- Maximum ISO: 25600
- Minimum Flash Range - Telephoto: 0 feet
- Minimum Flash Range - Wide: 0 feet
- Minimum ISO: 100
- NFC Enabled: Yes
- PictBridge Enabled: Yes
- Shooting Modes: Auto, auto (flash off), A (aperture priority), M (manual), P (programmed auto with flexible program), S (shutter priority) and more
- Shutter Speeds: 1/8000 - 30 sec. in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV bulb, time, X250
- Total Megapixels: 24.72 megapixels
- Brightness Control: Yes
- Burst Mode: Yes
- External Flash Mount: Hot Shoe
- HD Movie Mode: Yes
- HD Movie Mode Focus: Auto Focus
- Camera Full Frame Sensor: No
- Movie Recording Mode: Yes
- Orientation Sensor: No
- Panorama Mode: No
- Records Audio: Yes
- Remote Compatible: Yes
- Scene Modes: Autumn colors, beach/snow, blossom and more
- Screen Resolution: 1,228,800 dots
- Self Timer: Yes
- Viewfinder Magnification: 0.94 times
- Instant Print: No
- UPC: 018208015542