When designing Kühl, our engineers challenged convention to develop the most
advanced window air conditioner on the market. Kühl combines sophisticated
controls, unrivalled quality, energy efficiency, and unmatched durability in one
You’ll find more options, features and ways to customize your cooling experience
than you ever thought possible in a window air conditioning solution.
- Kühl is the first window air conditioner to provide the programmability
and convenience of a central air conditioning system. An advanced 7-day
programmable thermostat lets you program up to four settings daily, allowing
each day of the week to have its own schedule. Easily adjust the temperature
by using the arrow buttons on the unit’s LCD panel or the wireless remote
from across the room. Or choose to wire one or more units to a wall
thermostat for simple, centralized control. Kühl can raise the room
temperature while you’re out and still have it back to a perfect 72° before
you return. Save energy, money and maintain total control of your
environment every day. Kühl control is also evident in the product’s design.
Kühl’s engineers developed the unit’s 8 directional louvers to be deeper and
more robust to optimize airflow placement within a space. And Kühl features
both a fresh-air intake vent and an exhaust vent that give you additional
- For over 125 years, Friedrich products have been renowned for their
commercial-grade, built-to-last design. Advanced engineering, high-end
materials and components, and rigorous product testing are just a few
examples of Friedrich's commitment to quality. When designing Kühl, our
engineers challenged convention to develop the very best window air
conditioner on the market. Kühl incorporates high-end materials like
heavy-gauge galvanized steel, rifled copper tubing, and high-tech aluminum
fins. Kühl also uses the most durable components to extend the life of your
air conditioner, including fully enclosed fan motors that seal out dirt, and
powerful, energy-efficient compressors, which make Kühl as tough an air
conditioner as we’ve ever built.
- Kühl has been painstakingly engineered for ultra quiet operation.
Materials have been chosen because of their sound-absorption properties and
every moving part has been braced and insulated. For example, extra thick
rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner
walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise. Rugged hardboard side
panels help reduce noise and keep out light. The unique air path is more
streamlined, drawing air through the sides, away from moving parts. And our
larger discharge vents allow for smoother airflow, delivering maximum
conditioned air quietly.
- Kühl’s advanced dual-stage filtration system removes allergens, odors,
ozone and other impurities from the air. By combining the optional carbon
filter with the standard antimicrobial filter, Kühl achieves lab-tested
superior air filtration with ratings as high as MERV 6. Use the fresh-air
vent and the exhaust vent for additional air-quality control.
- When both vents are closed, Kühl cleans and conditions the air in your
space. Open the fresh-air vent and Kühl purifies and conditions a moderate
amount of outdoor air along with the air in your room. Use the exhaust vent
to release stale air and odors outside.
- The most comfortable temperature is the one you never notice. Kühl uses
five built-in environmental sensors to more accurately monitor indoor and
outdoor temperatures so that it can maintain your ideal settings.
- Kühl+ models have the ability to cool or heat as needed so units can
operate as year-round central systems. And, like the most advanced central
systems, Kühl+ has auto-changeover, which allows the unit to automatically
switch between air conditioning and heating functions to maintain the
desired comfort level. You won’t have to lift a finger.
- Plus, Kühl's air flow systems are tested for powerful and precise air
distribution which means faster cooling when you need it most.
- Kühl is our most environmentally friendly air conditioner to date. It
operates up to 20% more efficiently than many competitive units, delivering
more cooling capacity while using less energy. Further, some models meet or
exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines. Kühl uses non-ozone-depleting R-410A
refrigerant, and all models even adhere to strict European RoHS
requirements. Being energy efficient is better for the planet as well as
Comfort and Convenience
- Control your unit from your smartphone, computer or tablet
- Create customized 7-day schedules
- Optional wired wall thermostat
- Group units for zone or centralized control using FriedrichLink
- 4 cooling and fan speeds**
- Automatic fan speed adjustment
- Auto-changeover on heat pumps and models with electric heat*
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the
- Display set point or room temperature
- LCD panel auto dims when not in use
- Scratch resistant, painted 20-gauge steel cabinet resists corrosion and
- Solid sleeve top keeps out falling debris*
- Solid steel blower wheel housing
- Commercial grade fan motor run at lower temps for longer life
- Fan motor is totally enclosed for maximum protection
- Exclusive aluminum rear grille protects against vandalism and damage
- Firm grip handles for easier installation and maintenance
- Aluminum endplates prevent rust
- Solid steel base pans and inner walls
- Robust construction does not rely on outer sleeve for support
Sound Reduction Technology
- Extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside,
while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise
- Unique airflow path minimizes operating sound
- Larger discharge vents allow conditioned air to move more quietly
- Can be installed in window or thru-the-wall (depending on wall
- Slideout chassis design, including firm grip handles, makes installation
and maintenance much easier
- Rugged hardboard side panels allow for a more permanent installation
- Front cover designed to allow power cord to exit left or right out of
- Heavy-duty installation hardware
- Front cover attaches easily and securely; nut driver included
- Powercord can run left or right for more installation options
- Advanced dual-stage carbon superior filtration system removes allergens,
odors, ozone and other impurities from the air
- In lab testing, combining the the optional carbon filter with the
standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air filtration rating of
- Fresh air and exhaust vents offer additional air quality control
- Maintenance made easy by hinged filter door access, and a check filter
Safety and Security Features
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection prevents kick-in by securing the
unit in the sleeve; a protective rear grille shields the unit
- Insect barrier keeps out smaller intruders
- Two optional energy management schedules
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy
- Ozone-friendly R-410A refrigerant
- ENERGY STAR® qualified models, including Heat Pumps
Unique Digital Control System
- Precision control over all Kuhl's functions.
- Cooling Capacity: 5,900 BTU
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR): 11.0
- Moisture Removal: 0.5 Pints/Hr.
- Room Side Air Circulation: 190 CFM
- Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse: 125V - 15A
- Overall Depth with Front: 21 3/8"
- Shell Depth To Louvers: 8 1/2"
- Min. Extension Into Room: 5 1/2"
- Min. Extension Outside: 10 3/4"
- Window Width: 22" Min. - 42" Max.
- In-Wall Finished Hole Width: 20"
- In-Wall Finished Hole Depth: 8 1/2" Max.
- In-Wall Finished Hole Height: 14 1/4"