If you want a single lens that can cover every imaginable shooting situation, from wide-angle group shots all the way to ultra-high-power zoom shots, look no further than the new AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18 300mm. Boasting the longest reach of any NIKKOR all-in-one zoom lens, it delivers the equivalent of 450mm of super-telephoto power enough reach to bring the most distant action up close. Nikon's second generation Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization ensures every photo and HD video is razor-sharp, and Nikon'sadvanced lens technologies deliver consistent, exceptional performance in any setting. It's even great for close-up shooting (as close as 1.48 ft from your subject at 300mm). Even more amazing, the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-300mm doesall this in a surprisingly compact, lightweight lens.
Versatile, Ultra-High Power 16.7x Zoom Lens:
- Goes from wide-angle (27mm equivalent) all the way to super-telephoto
(450mm equivalent) for maximum versatility and reach.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC):
- Enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and
Silent Wave Motor (SWM):
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave
Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations - rather than a gear system -
to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus
Internal Focus (IF):
- All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the
non-extending lens barrel. This allows for a more compact, lightweight
construction as well as a closer focusing distance.
Zoom Lock Switch:
- Secures the lens barrel at its minimum focal length, preventing the lens
from extending during transport.
Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization:
- Tailored to each lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter
speeds slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper
images and HD videos, even in low light.
M/A (Manual/Auto) focus mode switch:
- Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from
automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning
the focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring
on the lens.
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm:
- Renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider
- Focal Length: 18mm - 300mm (equivalent to a 27-450mm lens in 35mm
- Other: Format Compatibility: Nikon DX
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5 - 5.6
- Minimum aperture: f/22 - 32
- Lens construction: 19 elements in 14 groups (three Extra-low Dispersion
- Glass (ED) elements and three aspherical lens elements)
- Picture angle: Angle of view (DX-format): 76°00' - 5°20'
- Minimum focus range: 1.48 ft /0.45 m
- Dimensions (approx.): 3.3 x 4.7 in. / 83 x 120 mm
- Weight (approx.): 28.6 oz./810 g)
- Optional accessories: 72mm screw-in filters
Included in the box with this product:
- LC-77 77mm Snap-on Front Lens CAP
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap