Nikon's 50mm AF-S f/1.8G Nikkor Lens Package features a UV filter to help protect your lens and keep it as new, a Cap keeper so you dont have to go rolling on the floor too, and a lens cleaning kit to keep it sparkling!
- Fast, f/1.8 compact FX-format prime (fixed focal
This updated classic with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday
shooting, perfect in low lighting situations and great for producing images
with beautiful background blur (Bokeh). The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G includes
Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) for fast and precise autofocus, M/A Focus
Mode Switch for seamless changes between manual and autofocus operation and
an aspherical lens element for outstanding optical performance with high
- Brilliance In Any Light - Get astonishing low
This lightweight standard lens is a great travel companion because you
never know when a beautiful, sunny day will turn cloudy and rainy. With its
fast f/1.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G will capture even low-light
situations with stunning brilliance.
- Beautiful Background Blur - Achieve more natural
depth of field
Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature—indoors or
outdoors—the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G renders a beautiful, natural background
blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. And its 50mm focal length is
perfect for creating natural perspective in your photographs.
- Capture Every Detail - Shoot tack-sharp portraits
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission
efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare, while
the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G's Aspherical Lens Element (AS) virtually
eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the
widest available aperture. Pair that with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, and you can be sure all of your
portraits will be tack sharp.
- Quiet Autofocus
A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave
Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations—rather than a gear system—to
focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus
Quick Switching from AF to MF
When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring—M/A
mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time
- Effective Aberration Correction
Since the 1960s, aspherical lenses have been an important part of the
NIKKOR lens family. Virtually eliminating coma and other types of
aberration, every new addition to the lineup provides a new level of
contrast, resolution and compact design.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency
and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 31°30'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 47°
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.15x
- Compatible Format(s): FX
FX in DX Crop Mode
- Distance Information: Yes
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48ft.(0.45m)
- Focus Mode: Auto
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Dimensions: (Approx.)2.8x2.1 in. (Diameter x
72.1x52.4mm (Diameter x Length)
- Weight: (Approx.)6.6 oz. (185g)
- Abe's of Maine does not carry any Nikon USA products our retail version includes a one year warranty through CPS international. It is identical to the manufacturer's warranty. It includes one year parts and labor.
Included in the box with this product:
- Nikon 50mm AF-S f/1.8G Nikkor Lens
- 58mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-58
- Rear Lens Cap LF-4
- Bayonet Hood HB-47
- Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1013