The NEW Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM is the only one of its kind. This is the first ultra wide zoom lens with a minimum focal length of 8mm, designed specifically for APS-C size image sensors. It has an equivalent angle of view of a 12-24mm lens when used on digital camera with an APS-C size image sensor. Sigma’s new FLD glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass, compensate for color aberration. One hybrid aspherical lens and two glass mold elements give excellent correction for distortion and astigmatism. An inner focusing system produces high definition images throughout the entire zoom range and the Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting while superior peripheral brightness ensures high contrast images throughout the entire zoom range. HSM ensures quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capability. It has a minimum focusing distance of 9.4 inches throughout the entire zoom range which allows photographers to emphasize the subject by creating exaggerated perspectives. This lens has a compact construction with an overall length of 4.2 inches and a maximum diameter of 2.9 inches and is perfect for shooting landscape photography, architecture, building interiors, photojournalism, wedding photography, group pictures and more. New from Sigma, the pioneer of ultra wide-angle lenses.
- The only one of its kind
- A DC series lens designed exclusively for use with smaller chip APS-c or
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass for
compensate for color aberration
- One Aspherical lens and two glass mold elements
- Produces images with exaggerated perspective with its wide angle view
- Lens Construction 15 Elements in 11 Groups
- Angle of View 114.5-75.4
- Number of Diaphragm Blades 7
- Miminum Aperture f22
- Minimum Focusing Distance 24 cm / 9.4 in
- Maximum Magnifications 1:7.8
- (Diameter x Length) 75x105.7 mm/3.0x4.2 in
- Weight 555g / 19.6oz.