Compact L-series telephoto lens with an Image Stabilizer which compensates for camera shake with the equivalent effect of a shutter speed two stops faster. Two Image Stabilizer modes are provided: Stabilizer Mode 1 (the same mode featured on the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM) and the new Stabilizer Mode 2 which steadies the image during horizontal or vertical panning. Mode 2 detects the panning direction automatically. The closest focusing distance is 4.9 feet (1.5 m).
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 300mm 1:4.0
- Lens Construction: 15 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 8º 15'
- Focus Adjustment: Rear focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance: 1.5m / 4.9 ft.
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 3.5" x 8.7", 2.6 lbs. / 90.0 x 221.0mm,