A unique and indispensable addition to Canon's series of EF lenses, the new EF 40mm f/2.8 STM offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design. Incredibly compact in size, the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM delivers high image quality from the center to the periphery thanks to its advanced lens configuration including an aspherical element, a bright 2.8 aperture, and optimized coatings that minimize ghosting and flare while providing exceptional color balance. The EF 40mm f/2.8 STM's unobtrusive design helps the photographer avoid overwhelming their subjects with a large lens and to remain discreet in sensitive shooting situations with no compromise in performance. Its diminutive design is complemented by features such as a newly developed stepping motor for smooth and quiet continuous AF while capturing video with the Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR, a circular aperture (7 blades) for beautiful soft-focus backgrounds, and a short minimum focusing distance of only 0.98 ft./0.30 m.
- Ultra-slim and lightweight design.
- Aspherical lens element delivers high image quality
from the center to the periphery.
- Advanced optical design enables a bright f/2.8,
compact optical system at 40mm.
- Optimized lens coatings ensure exceptional color
balance while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Built-in stepping motor provides smooth and quiet,
continuous autofocus when shooting video with Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.98 ft./0.30m
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 40mm, 1:2.8
- Lens Construction: 6 elements in 4 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 57°30'
- Focus Adjustment: Inner Focusing System
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.98 ft./0.3m
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.7 x 0.9
inch, 4.6 oz. / 68.2 x 22.8mm, 130g
Included in the box with this product:
- Canon EF 40mm F/2.8 STM Lens
- 52mm Front Lens Cap E-52
- Rear Lens Cap E