The flagship of Canon's VIXIA Series of consumer camcorders, the VIXIA HF G30
offers numerous professional-quality features, including a Genuine Canon 20x HD
Video Lens and 8-Blade Circular Aperture for superb video quality and natural,
beautiful background blur. And new Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image
Stabilization helps ensure your subjects are virtually blur-free. The HD CMOS
Pro Image Sensor and DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor work in tandem to capture a
large dynamic range and reduce noise. The new DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor also
enables recording in MP4 up to 35 Mbps and AVCHD up to 28 Mbps – and even
simultaneously with Dual Recording thanks to two high-capacity SDXC-compatible
memory card slots. Slow- and Fast-Motion recording is available in MP4 format
between 40% and 250% of the original speed.
Built-in Wi-Fi® technology lets you share video files easily by sending them
wirelessly to your PC or favorite social network using familiar internet
browsers, smartphones or tablets. Remote control of key camcorder functions is
also available via Wi-Fi® functionality from a web browser. An optional
accessory adds GPS location data to video files.
A 3.5-inch OLED Touch Panel Display helps ensure fast and easy camcorder
control, while a tiltable electronic viewfinder and joystick streamline critical
focus adjustment. Flexible image quality, control and display options make for
intuitive, speedy and comfortable operation, no matter what your chosen shooting
- Newly designed Genuine Canon 20x HD Video Lens (35mm equivalent:
26.8mm-576mm) with 8-Blade Circular Aperture and Manual Focus Ring delivers
exceptional image quality with smooth backgrounds and precise control.
- 1080/60p recording in MP4 (35 Mbps) and AVCHD Progressive (28 Mbps) for
high-quality capture of moving subjects; Slow- and Fast-Motion recording;
plus Native 24p recording.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® technology (Dual Band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz) allows you to
wirelessly share your images and video or send to a PC. Upload virtually
anywhere on your iOS® device with the free Canon Movie Uploader app* and
Wi-Fi® Remote enables remote control of camcorder settings and operations.
- New Canon 2.91 Megapixel HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor and new DIGIC DV 4
Image Processor provide high sensitivity and wide dynamic range for
exceptional imaging performance.
- 3.5-inch OLED Touch Panel Display (approx. 1,230,000 dots) and joystick
offer fast and easy control, plus a Tilt Electronic Viewfinder (approx.
- Record pristine high-definition video directly to two memory card slots
(SDHC/SDXC compatible) while Relay Recording offers extended recording time.
- Dual Recording allows simultaneous movie recording in MP4 and AVCHD
formats. Built-in downconversion creates MP4 files for easy sharing on the
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization (with Dynamic Image
Stabilization) features five-axis correction that corrects a full range of
- High-capacity battery included.
- Linear PCM audio recording2 and Audio Scene Select enable easy operation
and setup for outstanding audio.
- Compatible with optional Canon WM-V1 Wireless Microphone.
- Advanced Display Features allow you to obtain an exceptional level of
- A Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe expands the versatility of the camcorder.
- Standard: High Definition
- Video Recording System: AVCHD (complies with Ver. 2.0)/MPEG-4
- Image Sensor: 1/2.84-inch HD CMOS Pro, RGB Primary Color Filter
- Total Pixels: Approx. 3.09 Megapixels (2208 x 1398)
- Video: Approx. 2.91 Megapixels (2136 x 1362)
- Photo: Approx. 2.91 Megapixels (2136 x 1362)
Max Record Time 32GB AVCHD:
- 5mbps: 12 hrs. 15 min./17mbps: 4 hrs. 10 min. / 24mbps: 2 hrs. 55 min./
28mbps: 32GB 2 hrs. 30 min.
- MP4, 32GB: 3Mbps: 22 hrs. 55 min. / 4Mbps: 17 hrs. 20 min. / 17Mbps: 4
hrs. 10 min. /
- 24Mbps: 2 hrs. 55 min./ 35Mbps: 2 hrs. 00 min.
- Lens Zoom Ratio: 20x Optical / 400x Digital
- Lens Focal Length: 3.67-73.4mm (35mm equivalent: 26.8-576 mm without
Dynamic IS; 28.8-576mm with Dynamic IS)
Lens Zoom Speed:
- Variable speed / Constant speed (16 levels); Fast, Normal or Slow
- Max. F/Stop: f/1.8-2.8
- Focusing System: Hybrid AF (TTL-video detection system and external
phase difference metering system): Instant AF, Medium AF; Normal AF (TTL-video
detection system); Face Priority AF; Face Only AF; Manual Focus
- Manual Exposure: Available
- Programmed AE: Smart Auto, P, Tv, Av, M (Manual exposure), SCN
(Portrait, Sports, Night, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Low Light, Spotlight,
Fireworks) Cinema Mode: P, Tv, Av, M
- Max Shutter Speed: Movie: 1/2000 sec.
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 20mm (wide end) /60cm (across the entire
- White Balance: Auto, Set 1, Set 2, Color Temperature (2,000K to 15,000K
in 100K increments), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent,
Frame Rate NTSC:
- AVCHD: 60i/PF30
- MP4: 24P/30P
- NTSC: AVCHD - 1080: 59.94P / 59.94i / PF29.97 / 23.98P MP4 - 1080:
59.94P / 29.97P / 23.98P; 720 and 360: 29.97P / 23.98P
- Image Stabilization: Dynamic SuperRange Optical System (Lens shift),
Standard SuperRange Optical System (Lens shift), and electronic
- Image Stabilization Mode: Following modes are available: Intelligent IS
(AUTO mode), Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro IS, Tripod Mode IS Modes other
than Intelligent IS: Standard IS, IS Off
- Viewfinder: 0.24-inch, TFT Widescreen color LCD (Equivalent to approx.
1.56 million dots; approx. 100% field of view)
- LCD Screen: 3.5-inch OLED, Capacitive Touch Panel (Approx. 1.23 million
- Recording Media: 2 SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slots
- USB Terminal: Hi-Speed USB supported (output only)
- Video Terminal: Composite (output)
- Audio: AVCHD Satisfied: Dolby Digital 2 Channel (AC3); 5.1 Channel (with
optional Canon SM-V1 5.1-Channel Surround Microphone)
- Accessory Shoe: Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe
- Supplied Video Editing Software: PIXELA Video Browser / Network Utility
Disc Canon ImageBrowser EX Disc
- HDMI Terminal: Available; mini connector (output only)
- Microphone Terminal: 3.5mm stereo mini jack
- AV Mini Terminal/Headphone Terminal: 3.5mm 4-pole mini jack / 3.5mm
stereo mini jack
Operating Temperature Range:
- 23° to 113°F (-5° to 45°C) 60% relative humidity
- 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C) 85% relative humidity (performance)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): (W x H x D) 4.3 x 3.3 x 7.2 in. / 109 x
84 x 182mm (not including lens hood) 4.5 x 3.3 x 9.1 in. / 115 x 84 x 231mm
(including lens hood)
- Weight: Approx. 1.7 lb. / 765g (including grip belt) Approx. 2.0 lb. /
900g (including Battery BP-820, memory card (x1) and lens hood)