The Crown 140MAx Pack is the first tuner mixer-
amplifier and loudspeaker system
designed for commercial use. It is designed
for easy installation by the user. Applications
include restaurants, retail stores, coffee shops
and other commercial establishments.
The system includes the Crown 140MAx tunermixer-
amplifi er, two JBL® Control 1S 2-way
loudspeakers, and two 25-ft. speaker cables.
Built into the 140MAx is an XM Radio tuner that
receives satellite radio stations with digital sound
quality. A front-panel LCD screen displays XM
Radio channel data (channel number, channel
name, artist name, song title) 16 station presets
and signal strength.
The unit also accepts signals from line, telephone,
or microphone (phantom power included). The
priority ducking feature drops the volume of the
background music when a microphone is used.
A VOX sensitivity setting controls how loud the
voice must be before ducking occurs.
The built-in power amplifi er provides 40 watts into
a 4-ohm output (for use with the supplied JBL
Control 1S loudspeakers). Current and thermal
limiting protect the amplifier and loudpeakers
from accidental overload.
• Ideal for commercial and industrial use; can be installed by
• 4 inputs, one input volume control, and one 40W amplifier output channel
• Balanced Phoenix-type mic/line input; XLR-type mic input, dual RCA stereo
music inputs, screw-terminal speaker outputs
• Programmable XM Radio tuner with XM channel data display
• Priority ducking
• XM Radio Music-On-Hold outputs
• Two JBL Control 1S 2-way 8-ohm speakers with cables included