Kühl is a game-changer. It's tough. It's durable. It's powerful. Now it's wireless. Access units remotely to turn them on or off, create schedules and more, all from your computer or smartphone.
- Kühl control means total freedom for the person on the go. Operate your
Kühl from wherever you are using a smartphone, computer or tablet. No more
worrying about last minute schedule changes or forgetting to adjust the
temperature on your way out. Unexpected heat waves no longer mean walking in
to an uncomfortable home and Fido and Fluffy are protected too. You can even
save money on your electric bill by eliminating waste.
- Control also means access to built-in energy management schedules as
well as the ability to customize multiple 7-day programs to fit your
- And, Kühl is the first Smart Grid enabled room air conditioner. Coming
- FriedrichLink is the program that lets you access and control your Kühl
unit remotely from your smartphone, computer or mobile device. On
FriedrichLink you can register your unit and then create schedules, make
adjustments, set utility functions and even group multiple units for more
Smart Grid Capable.
- Kühl is the first room air conditioner to be Smart Grid capable. Smart
Grid is a network that brings electricity from power stations to consumers
using new technologies that allow power companies to adjust electrical loads
of residential users. Check with your local electric company to learn more
about Smart Grid programs in your area.
- For over 125 years, Friedrich products have been renowned for their
commercial-grade, built-to-last design. Advanced engineering, high-end
materials and components, and rigorous product testing are just a few
examples of Friedrich's commitment to quality. When designing Kühl, our
engineers challenged convention to develop the very best window air
conditioner on the market. Kühl incorporates high-end materials like
heavy-gauge galvanized steel, rifled copper tubing, and high-tech aluminum
fins. Kühl also uses the most durable components to extend the life of your
air conditioner, including fully enclosed fan motors that seal out dirt, and
powerful, energy-efficient compressors, which make Kühl as tough an air
conditioner as we’ve ever built.
- Kühl has been engineered for quiet operation. Materials have been chosen
because of their sound-absorption properties and every moving part has been
braced and insulated. For example, extra thick rubber grommets absorb
vibration and reduce noise inside, while steel inner walls and extra dense
insulation block outdoor noise. Rugged hardboard side panels help reduce
noise and keep out light. The unique air path is more streamlined, drawing
air through the sides, away from moving parts. And our larger discharge
vents allow for smoother airflow, delivering maximum conditioned air
- Kühl’s advanced dual-stage filtration system removes allergens, odors,
ozone and other impurities from the air. By combining the optional carbon
filter with the standard antimicrobial filter, Kühl achieves lab-tested
superior air filtration with ratings as high as MERV 6. Use the fresh-air
vent and the exhaust vent for additional air-quality control.
- When both vents are closed, Kühl cleans and conditions the air in your
space. Open the fresh-air vent and Kühl purifies and conditions a moderate
amount of outdoor air along with the air in your room. Use the exhaust vent
to release stale air and odors outside.
- The most comfortable temperature is the one you never notice. Kühl uses
five built-in environmental sensors to more accurately monitor indoor and
outdoor temperatures so that it can maintain your ideal settings
- Kühl+ models have the ability to cool or heat as needed so units can
operate year-round. And, like the most advanced central systems, Kühl+ has
auto-changeover, which allows the unit to automatically switch between air
conditioning and heating functions to maintain the desired comfort level.
You won’t have to lift a finger.
- Plus, Kühl's air flow systems are tested for powerful and precise air
distribution which means faster cooling when you need it most.
- Kühl is our most environmentally friendly air conditioner to date. It
operates up to 20% more efficiently than many competitive units, delivering
more cooling capacity while using less energy. Further, some models meet or
exceed ENERGY STAR® guidelines. Kühl uses non-ozone-depleting R-410A
refrigerant, and all models even adhere to strict European RoHS
requirements. Being energy efficient is better for the planet as well as
Comfort and Convenience
- Control your unit from your smartphone, computer or tablet (requires
optional KWIFI accessory – coming summer 2012)
- Create customized 7-day schedules
- Group units for zone or centralized control using FriedrichLink
(requires optional KWIFI accessory – coming summer 2012)
- 4 cooling and fan speeds*
- Automatic fan speed adjustment
- Auto-changeover on heat pumps and models with electric heat**
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the
- Display set point or room temperature
- LCD panel auto dims when not in use
- Scratch resistant, painted 20-gauge steel cabinet resists corrosion and
- Solid sleeve top keeps out falling debris*
- Solid steel blower wheel housing
- Commercial grade fan motor run at lower temps for longer life
- Fan motor is totally enclosed for maximum protection
- Exclusive aluminum rear grille protects against vandalism and damage
- Firm grip handles for easier installation and maintenance
- Aluminum endplates prevent rust
- Solid steel base pans and inner walls
- Robust construction does not rely on outer sleeve for support
Sound Reduction Technology
- Extra thick rubber grommets absorb vibration and reduce noise inside,
while steel inner walls and extra dense insulation block outdoor noise
- Unique airflow path minimizes operating sound
- Larger discharge vents allow conditioned air to move more quietly
- Can be installed in window or thru-the-wall (depending on wall
- Slideout chassis design, including firm grip handles, makes installation
- Rugged hardboard side panels allow for a more permanent installation
- Front cover designed to allow power cord to exit left or right out of
- Heavy-duty installation hardware
- Front cover attaches easily and securely; nut driver included
- Powercord can run left or right for more installation options
- Advanced dual-stage carbon superior filtration system removes allergens,
odors, ozone and other impurities from the air
- In lab testing, combining the the optional carbon filter with the
standard antimicrobial filter achieved a superior air filtration rating of
- Fresh air and exhaust vents offer additional air quality control
- Maintenance made easy by hinged filter door access and a check filter
Safety and Security Features
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection prevents kick-in by securing the
unit in the sleeve; a protective rear grille shields the unit
- Insect barrier keeps out smaller intruders
- Two optional energy management schedules
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy
- Ozone-friendly R-410A refrigerant
- ENERGY STAR® qualified models, including Heat Pumps
Unique Digital Control System
- Precision control over all Kühl's functions
- Cooling Capacity: 9,500 BTU
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR): 11.2
- Moisture Removal: 2.0 Pints/Hr.
- Room Side Air Circulation: 260 CFM
- Shipping Weight: 136 Lbs.
- Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse: 125V - 15A
- Overall Depth with Front: 29"
- Overall Height: 15 15/16"
- Shell Depth To Louvers: 8 3/4"
- Min. Extension Into Room: 5 3/4"
- Min. Extension Outside: 16 15/16"
- Window Width: 27 3/8" Min. - 42" Max.
- In-Wall Finished Hole Width: 26 3/16"
- In-Wall Finished Hole Depth: 7 3/8" Max.
- In-Wall Finished Hole Height: 16 3/16"