Tap the touchscreen then hit the trail with Oregon 450t. This next-generation handheld features a rugged, touchscreen along with preloaded topographic maps, 3-D map views, a high-sensitivity receiver, barometric altimeter, electronic compass, microSD card slot, picture viewer and more. Even exchange tracks, waypoints, routes and geocaches wirelessly between similar units.
Exciting new features include a 3" sunlight-readable color touchscreen with enhanced clarity, high-speed USB for faster map transfers with your computer, plus a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass. This compass will allow the unit to report an accurate heading even when the unit is not held level.
A built-in DEM (digital elevation model) basemap supports terrain shading and route elevation profiles to help you visualize terrain difficulty. The Oregon 450t comes preloaded with detailed topographic maps and land elevation contours throughout the US. Coverage on the 450t includes major trails, urban and rural roads, interstates, highways, coastlines, rivers and lakes as well as national, state and local parks, forests and wilderness areas. In addition, you can search for points of interest by name or proximity to your locaion and view descriptive details for terrain contours, topo elevations, summits and geographical points.
HotFix satellite prediction helps find your position quickly and precisely while the high-sensitivity GPS maintains its signal even in heavy cover and deep canyons. Both units support paperless geocaching, 3-D elevation perspective and Garmin Custom Maps. Garmin Custom Maps is a free and simple process that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your compatible Garmin GPS.
If you're looking for the perfect multipurpose tool for your outdoor adventure, all you need is a rugged Oregon 450t GPS navigator. It is the ideal companion for your outdoor adventures!
Features and Specifications:
- 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- High-speed USB for faster map transfers with your computer
Improved 3" sunlight-readable, color, touchscreen display, enhanced clarity
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix for improved performance and reception
- 850 MB of internal memory for map data and photo navigation
- microSD card slot for optional mapping and data storage
- Preloaded US Topo 100K (450t)
- Built-in basemap with DEM data
- Wirelessly share routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches between units
- Easy-to-use, touchscreen interface, 240 x 400 pixels (W x H)
- Unit dimensions: 2.3" x 4.5" x 1.4" (W x H x D)
- Waterproof standard: IEC 60529 IPX7
- InterfaceL USB and NMEA 0183
- Up to 16 hours of battery life, battery type: 2 AA (not included) NiMH or Lithium-ion recommended
- Weight: 6.8 oz with batteries