For boaters and watersports enthusiasts who want to run with the best, the rugged GPSMAP 78 features crisp color mapping, high-sensitivity receiver, new molded rubber side grips, plus a microSD card slot for loading additional maps. And it floats!. GPSMAP 78 comes with built-in worldwide basemap, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. And, like the rest of the 78-series, the 78 is IPX7 waterproof and even floats in water. With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, GPSMAP 78 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear - whether you're in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 78 to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Garmin GPSMAP 78
Garmin international is pleased to announce the next generation in marine handhelds: the GPSMAP 78 series. Incorporating a sleek, new design and must-have features, these rugged units are a great fit in Garmin's best-selling lineup of color marine handhelds and they float!
Featuring a bright 2.6-inch LCD color display with built-in basemap and high sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix, the GPSMAP 78 series takes recereational navigation to a new level. All three models are waterproof, include a built-in microSD card slot for loading additional maps and have a dedicated MOB (man over board) button.
If you're looking for the ultimate high-performance marine handheld, take your pick from the GPSMAP 78 series.Features:
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix
- Rugged, waterproof (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- Worldwide built-in basemap with shaded relief
- 1.7 GB of internal memory, plus microSD card slot for optional mapping and data storage
- Bright 2.6" LCD sunlight readable color display (160 x 240 pixels)
- Up to 20 hours of battery life, battery type: 2 AA (not included) NiMH or lithium recommended
- Weight: 7.7 oz with batteries
Unit, USB cable, wrist strap and quick start manual