The Ultralite-mk3 Hybrid is MOTU's most compact and versatile audio interface, featuring hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity to your Mac or Windows computer, on-board mixing and effects, superb sound and reliable performance.
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity — connect to your computer via either
bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2.
- CueMix FX™ — flexible 10 input/14 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects,
including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input
- 10 inputs / 14 outputs — there's no channel sharing in the UltraLite-mk3
Hybrid; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all
handled as separate channels.
- Classic Reverb™ — provides five different room types, three frequency
shelves with adjustable crossover points, shelf filtering and reverb lengths
up to 60 seconds.
- Two forms of compression — a standard compressor with conventional
threshold/ratio/attack/release/gain controls and the Leveler™, an accurate
model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor, which provides vintage,
musical automatic gain control.
- Modeled EQ — provides 7-band parametric EQ modeled after British analog
console EQs, featuring 4 filter styles (gain/Q profiles) to effectively
cover a wide range of audio material. LP and HP filters are also supplied
with slopes that range from 6 to 36 dB.
- CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software — attractive graphic mixing,
graphic editing of parametric EQ and a convenient tabbed interface for quick
access to all features in one window. Also provides full-screen real-time
FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and
linear or polar phase analysis.
- Front-panel control — access any setting in your entire UltraLite-mk3
Hybrid mix directly from the front panel.
- "Reverb return" stream — allows users to record or mix UltraLite-mk3
Hybrid reverb output separately in their DAW. Effects can also be applied
when the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is operating stand-alone (without a computer)
as a complete stand-alone mixer.
- Stand-alone operation — program your mixes at the studio and then bring
the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid to your gig — no computer needed. Just plug in the
included power adapter and you are ready to go. Need to tweak the mix? Do it
on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes — for example, create different monitor mixes
for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear
— with no latency.
- Two combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4” guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input
with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced
1/4" TRS jacks
- Precision Digital Trim™ — Digitally controlled analog trim on all analog
inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs) provides accurate
adjustements in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs
and then save/recall trim configurations.
- Direct Digital Synthesis™ (DDS) — a DSP-driven phase lock engine and
internal clock source that produces imperceptibly low jitter characteristics
(below the noise floor), even when the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is resolved to
an external clock source via SMPTE time code.
- Time code support — directly resolves to (or generates) time code via
any quarter-inch input or output, without the need for an extra
- Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module
with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with
- Expandable — add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
- Separate TRS main outs with front panel volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out.
- Includes native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X and Windows
7/Vista/XP, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports
all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's
popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software
for the Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects
processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or USB2.
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and
user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
- Front panel headphone jack with volume control.
- Bus-powered FireWire operation. No need for external power when
operating as a FireWire interface connected to a computer. A power supply is
included for stand-alone operation.
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs
and connectors: 9.5 x 7 x 1.75 inches (24.13 x 17.78 x 4.45 cm). Knobs and
connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels,
adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits one half of
a standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.