Advanced and versatile FX-format standard zoom with VR II image stabilization.
Covering a highly versatile wide-angle to medium telephoto zoom range, the AF-S NIKKOR 24 85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR delivers stunning high-contrast images and HD videos. Nikon's Vibration Reduction image stabilization (VR II) maintains sharpness even during hand held shooting at slower shutter speeds and VR Auto Tripod Detection recognizes when the camera is mounted on a tripod and provides precise shutter vibration correction.
The Nikon 24-85mm is commonly used for Landscape/scenery, Sports/action, Weddings and more.The Nikon 24-85mm is most used by customers who consider themselves to be a Photo enthusiast, Semi-pro photographer among others.The Nikon 24-85mm is popular because customers like the following qualities of the Nikon 24-85mm: Consistent output, Easily interchangeable, Fast / accurate auto-focus, Lightweight and Strong construction.
3 Aspherical Lens Elements:
- Another unique Nikon innovation, virtually eliminates coma and other
types of aberration, further improving image integrity.
1 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Element:
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing
chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization:
- Tailored to each lens, Nikon's second generation Vibration Reduction
technology (VR II) enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds
slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper images and
HD videos, even in low light.
Auto Tripod Detection:
- Nikon's Vibration Reduction image stabilization system recognizes when
the camera is mounted on a tripod and provides precise shutter vibration
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC):
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color
consistency along with significantly reduced lens flare and ghosting.
M/A Focus Mode Switch: When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate
the lens focus ring - M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF
system with virtually no time lag.
- All internal optical movement is limited to the interior lens barrel,
allowing for a more compact, lightweight construction, less lens movement as
well as remarkably close minimum focusing distances.
Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM):
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations, rather
than a gear system, to focus the lens, providing incredibly fast, smooth,
silent and precise autofocus operation.
Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm:
- Renders more natural background blur (Bokeh)
- Construction: 11 Groups/ 16 Elements 1 ED Glass Element and 3 Aspherical
- Nikon FX/35mm Film
- Nikon DX
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- VR (Vibration Reduction): Yes
- Distance Information: Yes
Angle of view:
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 61°
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 18°50'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 84°
- Minimum Angle of View (FX-format): 28°30'
- Closest Focusing Distance: Approx. 1.25 feet at all focal lengths
- Maximum Magnification: 0.22x
- Dimensions: 3.1 x 3.2 in (78 x 82 mm)