FX-format prime lens offers fast f/1.8 aperture and delivers outstanding
clarity and high contrast, low-light performance and depth-of-field control for
beautiful stills and HD videos.
Bring a dramatic wide-angle perspective to your still and HD video shooting.
The AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G's fast maximum aperture lets you create in nearly
any light—dusk to dawn, indoors or out—and offers outstanding depth-of-field
control. Nikon's exclusive Nano Crystal Coat nearly eliminates the ghosting and
flare seen with some wide-angle lenses for improved clarity and contrast.
Impressive on both FX- and DX-format cameras, the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G excels
with landscapes, architecture, group shots, travel and more.
Complete control, even in low light
Fast f/1.8 aperture with a 7-blade rounded diaphragm
- An f/1.8 maximum aperture frees you to create in low-light settings,
like the cool blues of dawn or the warm oranges of an indoor event. Not only
will your photos and HD videos be brighter, your view through the camera
will be brighter for fine-tuning and manual control. An f/1.8 aperture also
gives you remarkable depth-of-field control, so you can softly blur your
backgrounds and draw attention to your subjects. The AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G
features a rounded 7-blade diaphragm to enhance that effect by giving a more
natural appearance to out-of-focus elements.
Unleash your camera's full potential
Nikon technologies for unrivaled performance
- A great lens draws peak performance from a camera, and the AF-S NIKKOR
28mm f/1.8G is no exception. Impressive on both FX- and DX-format D-SLRs, it
incorporates Nikon advancements for consistent, superlative performance,
even in tough shooting situations. Nano Crystal (N) and Super Integrated
(SIC) coatings enhance contrast and color and nearly eliminate ghosting and
flare, even in backlit scenes. The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) powers high-speed
autofocusing that’s extremely accurate and quiet.
Build an exceptional fast prime lens system
The wide-angle piece of Nikon's versatile new f/1.8 FX lens collection
- Pair the AF-S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G with the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G and
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G for a truly exceptional compact prime lens system.
All three lenses offer the latest Nikon advancements and optical design
characteristics, so you'll get consistent performance at each focal length:
wide-angle, standard and medium telephoto. It's never been easier to expand
your capabilities and creativity.
Silent Wave Motor
- AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a
significant advance in AF lens technology.
- AS stands for Aspherical lens elements. This type of lens utilizes
non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to
eliminate certain types of lens aberration.
- Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from
automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning
the focusing ring on the lens.
Super Integrated Coating
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer
coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
Nano Crystal Coat
- An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates
internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths.
- A system in which only the rear lens group moves during focusing, thus
eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and
enabling faster focusing. Such lenses are designated with RF on the lens
- Construction: 9 Groups / 11 Elements
- Compatible Format(s): FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode, 35mm Film
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 53°
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 75°
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.85 ft./ 0.25 m
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.22x
- Focusing: Autofocus with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and manual focus
- Diaphragm Blades: 9 (rounded)
- Dimensions Diameter x Length): 2.9 x 3.2 inches
Included in the box with this product:
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- LC-67mm Snap-on Front Cap
- HB-64 Bayonet Lens Hood
- CL-0915 Semi-Soft Case
- 5 Year U.S.A. Warranty