The RØDE VideoMic is a professional grade shotgun microphone. Based on the latest Film industry technology, the VideoMic is designed specifically for use with high quality Digital Video Cameras.
The microphone exhibits low noise and an
unusually wide bandwidth for its size. It is ultra lightweight, yet rugged due
to it’s ABS construction. The VideoMic is powered by a standard 9 V battery and
offers a Low Battery LED status indicator and a switchable high pass filter to
reduce unwanted low frequency rumble.
The VideoMic attaches to any Camcorder that has the standard camera-shoe fitting
and utilizes a stereo mini jack for audio output.
- Studio recording quality.
- Rugged fibre-reinforced ABS construction.
- 9 V battery operation.
- Custom designed integral wind shield.
- Condenser Microphone.
- Low noise circuitry.
- Low handling noise.
- Integral camera-shoe mount.
- Designed & manufactured in Australia.
- Full 2 year guarantee.
- Acoustic Principle: Line plus Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-Cardioid
- Frequency range: 40 Hz ~ 20 000 Hz
selectable HPF @ 80 Hz/12 dB/octave
- Output Impedance: 200 Ω
- Signal/Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651: 74 dB (1 kHz
rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Equivalent Noise: 20 dB SPL (per IEC651,
- Maximum SPL: 134 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 kΩ)
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kΩ: -3 dB re 1
Volt/Pascal (15 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB (at 1 kHz in free field into open
- Dynamic Range - DIN/IEC 651: 114 dB (per
- Power (Supply voltage): 9 V DC Alkaline
Battery (ANSI:1604A or IEC:6LR61)
- Current consumption: 5 mA
- Battery Life: >100 hours
- Output Connection: Stereo mini jack plug -
- Weight - no battery: 176 grm. (6.21 oz.)
- Dimensions: 250 mm (9 7/8”)