Hot on the heels of the optic launched yesterday Sigma has announced the ultra-telephoto 50-500mm F4-6.3 EX DG/HSM lens, which is also optimized for digital SLRs. It has a new lens coating which reduces flare and ghost and also creates an optimum color balance. It also features HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor)which provides a quiet high speed AF function, a zoom lock switch and has four pieces of SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass for correcting color aberration.
- High-magnification zoom lens with a 10x zoom ratio, optimized for
digital SLR cameras
- Features SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements for superior
correction of chromatic aberration
- Features zoom lock switch to prevent "zoom creep"
- Lens construction features 20 elements in 16 groups
- Includes a zoom hood and removable tripod collar
- Construction: 16 Groups /22 Elements
- Angle of view: 46.8° - 5°
- F stop range: 22
- Closest Focusing Distance: 19.7-70.9 in./ 50-180cm
- Maximum Magnification: 1:3.1 (f=200mm)
- Filter Size: 95 with 85mm step down adapter
- Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 8.6" x 4.1" / 219mm x 104.4mm
- Weight: 19702g / 69.5oz.
Included in the box with this product:
- Petal-type Hood (LH1030-01)
- Step down ring
- Shoulder strap
- Tripod socket TS-31