Drive at ease with the Whistler XTR-Pro68 Radar Detector by your side. You’ll have a clear conscience and feel protected at all times once you place the Whistler XTR-Pro68 Radar Detector inside your car. Measuring 4.688" x 3.00" x 1.375", it will easily fit on your windshield and stay securely in place. Additionally, the efficient Whistler XTR-Pro68 Radar Detector features a convenient icon display and is powered by 12 volts. Now, every time you’re behind the wheel, you can sit back and enjoy the ride.
Blue Numeric Icon Display
- The brilliant icon display provides distinct visual confirmation of
signals detected, signal strength, and indicates engaged modes of operation.
Three Filtering Mode
- There are times when a radar detector can emit the same frequency as
police radar and can cause your detector to falsely alarm. Sometimes a
detector can display a signal when picking up another radar detector in
vehicle close by. The Whistler Filter Mode options provide additional signal
processing to minimize the occurrences of these false alarms. Filter mode
provides normal processing. Filter 1 and Filter 2 modes provide additional
signal analysis before alarming.
- Add the Whistler INTELLICORD and you'll be able to remotely control the
radar detector in settings such as power on/off, city modes, dim/dark and
quiet/auto quiet with a simple press of a button.
POP Mode Alerts
- There are new guns out there that operate just like the instant-on guns
of the past but with a very tough new twist--POP mode. This new gun is a
normal K and Ka band radar gun detectable by most radar detectors made in
the past 30 years until it's in POP mode. When the gun is in POP Mode and
activated, a brief burst of energy, less than 1/15 of a second, is
transmitted and the vehicle's speed is quickly acquired. A detector without
POP Mode detection capability cannot respond to this brief transmission.
This one can.
Low Profile Alert Periscopes
- Whistler's Low Profile Alert Periscopes provide an added attention
getting visual alert. The two extra LEDs flash on and off when the unit
alarms to provide a unique visual alert.
Selectable Total Band Protection
- This unit provides complete band coverage of all Laser, Radar (X, K, and
Ka bands), VG-2, and Safety Radar bands. You can select which bands to leave
on or off based on your detection needs.
3 City Modes/Highway Mode
- Highway mode provides full audio and visual warning of laser/radar
systems while maintaining full sensitivity. Highway mode is the default
setting of all Whistler's laser/radar detectors. City mode helps reduce the
annoyance of automatic door openers and burglar alarm alerts by providing an
initial alert (same distance as Highway Mode) then remaining quiet unless
the signal strength becomes very strong. When the signal increases the unit
will alert briefly to notify you of the change in signal strength.
- A distinctly different Alert tone is used for each type of signal
detected (including separate tones for each laser signal). For X, K and Ka
bandradar signals, the tones will repeat faster as you approach the signal
source. The repeat rate of the tones gives you useful information about the
- The Stay Alert feature is designed to test a driver's alertness. Within
30 to 60 seconds after the feature is engaged an alert is sounded; to show
alertness, the driver must press the volume, city or the mute button within
3-5 seconds. If a button is pressed within 3-5 seconds, the cycle is
repeated. If a button was not pressed within 3-5 seconds the unit alarms at
full volume and the display shows an unique visual alert.
- Dim/Dark Mode reduces the illumination of the display. Dim or dark can
be engaged during an alert. In Dark Mode, the display goes dark for as long
as a signal is being detected and for 20 seconds after, then the display
returns to the dimmer setting.
Quiet/Auto Quiet Modes
- Pressing QUIET before a signal is detected engages Auto Quiet Mode,
which automatically reduces the audio level after the initial warning to a
low audio level setting. Pressing QUIET during a radar/laser encounter
silences audio alerts, while allowing visual alerts to keep you informed.
- When two or more signals are received at the same time, the alert
priority is: Laser, VG-2, Speed Radar, Safety Radar.
- Example: If X band is alerting, then suddenly a VG-2 signal is detected,
the VG-2 warning will override the X band alert.
- Setting Saver saves your personalized settings so that when the detector
is turned off and then on again, you do not have to re-enter them.
Vehicle Battery Saver Mode
- The Vehicle Battery Saver Mode automatically shuts off your detector
within 3 hours if you forget to turn it off. The timer is reset if the
detector is turned off, unplugged or any button is pressed before the 6
hours have expired. The detector will alert you with an audible and visual
warning before it shuts off.
Safety Warning System--SWS
- This relatively new radar is not for speed detection at all, it is used
to keep you informed of highway safety. Transmitters are installed and
programmed (for example: in emergency vehicles) to make you aware of
possible situations that may require your attention, such as: ambulance
vehicles that are moving or stationary, road hazards ahead, road
construction delays or detours, etc.