Nikon 50mm AF-S f/1.8G Nikkor Lens This updated classic with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday , perfect in low lighting situations and great for producing images with beautiful background blur. Nikon's 50mm AF-S 1.8G Nikkor lens takes photography to a whole new level with its speed, brilliance in light, and ability to capture every detail.
- Fast, f/1.8 compact FX-format prime (fixed focal length) lens
This updated classic with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday , perfect in low lighting situations and great for producing images with beautiful background blur (Bokeh). The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G includes Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) for fast and precise autofocus, M/A Focus Mode Switch for seamless changes between manual and autofocus operation and an aspherical lens element for outstanding optical performance with high contrast.
- Brilliance In Any Light - Get astonishing low light results
This lightweight standard lens is a great travel companion because you never know when a beautiful, sunny day will turn cloudy and rainy. With its fast f/1.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G will capture even low-light situations with stunning brilliance.
- Beautiful Background Blur - Achieve more natural depth of field
Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature—indoors or outdoors—the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. And its 50mm focal length is perfect for creating natural perspective in your photographs.
- Capture Every Detail - Shoot tack-sharp portraits every time
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare, while the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G's Aspherical Lens Element (AS) virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture. Pair that with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, and you can be sure all of your portraits will be tack sharp.
- Quiet Autofocus
A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations—rather than a gear system—to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
Quick Switching from AF to MF
When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring—M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.
- Effective Aberration Correction
Since the 1960s, aspherical lenses have been an important part of the NIKKOR lens family. Virtually eliminating coma and other types of aberration, every new addition to the lineup provides a new level of contrast, resolution and compact design.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 31°30'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 47°
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.15x
- Compatible Format(s): FX
FX in DX Crop Mode
- Distance Information: Yes
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48ft.(0.45m)
- Focus Mode: Auto
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Dimensions: (Approx.)2.8x2.1 in. (Diameter x Length)
72.1x52.4mm (Diameter x Length)
- Weight: (Approx.)6.6 oz. (185g)
Get your questions answered by the community!