Meet the first in an exciting new generation of Wi-Fi enabled, ultra-high-resolution Nikon HD-SLRs: the D5300. With built-in Wi-Fi for photo sharing to your smartphone or tablet, GPS and mapping, a cutting edge 24.2-megapixel image sensor, an extra-large swiveling Vari-angle LCD and more, D5300 brings an outstanding new level of image quality and capabilities in a compact, ergonomic design. Pair it with any NIKKOR lens—like the outstanding AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR kit lens—and unleash the full potential of its innovative image sensor. Your photos will be richer, truer to life than most photos you've seen. HD video will have a stunning cinematic look, a level of sharpness and clarity that ignites on ultra-high-resolution tablets, laptops and TVs. And the first time you use your smartphone or tablet to instantly share photos from the D5300, you'll realize the game has truly changed.
24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor delivers incredible detail and gorgeous enlargements
- The high pixel count lets you maintain high resolution even after cropping, trimming and printing large-sized images.
ISO 100–12,800 (expandable to 25,600)
- Enjoy crisp, clean images over a broad spectrum of lighting conditions, even capturing great shots just before dawn and at dusk, when available light is often beautiful but scarce.
Capture fast-action shots at up to 5 fps (frames per second)
- From joyous facial expressions to fast-paced sports action, burst mode ensures you get the shot even if it only lasts a fraction of a second.
3.2" Vari-Angle TFT LCD monitor lets you preview your shot from almost any angle
- See bright, crisp images on a 170° tilt-and-swivel screen to compose shots from nearly any vantage point.
Capture spectacular movies in full 1080p HD
- Offers the ability to shoot in 1080p full HD video in a number of recording sizes and frame rates. With a built-in stereo microphone to add dynamic sound to your videos.
EXPEED 4 image-processing engine delivers blazing speed and performance
- From shooting images and videos to playback and data transfer, this processor handles even the most demanding tasks with ease.
Eye-level single-lens reflex viewfinder provides virtually true-to-life image representation
- With approximately 95% horizontal and vertical frame coverage, you can compose the shot by seeing virtually the same shot the lens sees.
39-point autofocus quickly tracks and locks onto your subject
- Allows you to confidently capture everything from fast-action sports to fast-moving wildlife. Four autofocus area modes let you select the setting best suited to your situation.
Built-in Wi-Fi to instantly share your pictures
- Upload, e-mail or text photos from your DSLR through your smartphone or tablet.* Your smart device can also act as a second monitor as well as remote control. Smart device not included.
Built-in GPS geotags all of your shots
- Easily share your image location, find nearby Points of Interest and keep track of places you've been.
Intelligent Scene Recognition System auto adjusts for consistently accurate exposures
- Evaluates every scene for brightness, contrast, subject distance, white balance and autofocus in the time it takes to press the shutter release button.
Selectable and customizable image capture preferences
- Choose from 6 preset preferences, like portrait, landscape, close-up and more.
Simple one-button live view display activation
- Easily see shooting data like shooting mode, autofocus mode, image size, image quality, white balance, audio recording, metering mode, shutter speed/aperture, ISO and more.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) function combines the best of 2 shots into 1
- Shoots 2 frames at different exposures with a single shutter release, combining the best elements of each to create 1 superior shot.
Edit your photos directly on your camera
- Features Edit movie, D-lighting, Image overlay, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) processing and more.
Pop-up flash unit with different modes
- Choose between preset modes or manually adjust power level, number of flashes, frequency or when light is emitted.
Multiple memory card slots for storing or transferring data
- Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity and SDXC formats. Memory cards not included.
- Rechargeable battery, battery charger, camera strap, body cap, eyepiece cap, accessory shoe cover, USB cable and CD-ROM.
- Height: 3 inches
- Width: 4.92 inches
- Depth: 3.9 inches
- Weight: 19.9 ounces
- Camera Body Style: Digital SLR
- Megapixels (Effective): 24.2
- Megapixels (Total): 24.78
- Image Storage Type: Secure Digital (SD)/Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)/Secure Digital Expanded Capacity (SDXC)
- Image Resolution: Up to 6,000 x 4,000
- LCD Screen Size: 3.2"
- LCD Screen Features: Ultra-high-resolution TFT-LCD, 170° angle of view; swivels 180°
Viewfinder; Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex with approximately 95% horizontal and vertical frame coverage; 0.82x magnification
- Face Detection: Yes
- Burst Mode: Yes
- Shutter Speeds: 1/4000 to 30 sec. in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- White Balance: auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual
- ISO Equivalent: 100 - 12,800 (expandable to 25,600)
- Self-Timer: Yes
- Interface: High-speed USB
- Video Outputs: Type C mini HDMI
- Audio: Built-in or external stereo microphone; sensitivity adjustable
- File Formats: Still: JPEG, NEF (RAW), NEF (RAW)+JPEG; Video: MOV (Image data: H.264/MPEG-4 advanced video coding, Audio: Linear PCM)
- Exposure Control: Auto (Auto), Auto Flash off, Aperture-Priority (A), Manual (M), Programmed auto with flexible program (P), Shutter-Priority, (S)Scene Modes
- Image Storage Capacity: Varies
- AC Adapter: Optional
- Imaging Sensor Type: CMOS
- Imaging Sensor Size: 23.5mm x 15.6mm
- Tripod Mount: Yes
- Touchscreen: No
- Software Included: Nikon ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
- Color Category: Black
- HD Movie Mode: Yes
- HD Movie Mode Focus: Auto Focus
- Varying Angle LCD: Yes
- Wi-Fi Ready: Yes
- Max ISO: 12801 and higher
- Frames Per Second: 5 - 6
- Removable Memory Included: No