The Nikon D5300 is the first APS sensor Nikon DSLR to offer full Wi-Fi communication ability, giving users the option of sharing images online directly from their camera, or to operate the camera remotely using a free app on their smart phones or tablet computers. As with its predecessor, the Nikon D5300 comes with the superb 24MP DX sensor, which can also be found in the higher-end D7200. Also new is an extra-large 3.2-inch swivel LCD monitor, The D5300 accepts all Nikon F-mount lenses, but is best suited for use with DX lenses, and works seamlessly with the Nikon i-TTL flash system using Speedlights such as the SB-910; flash exposure is seamlessly calculated using the cameras matrix and center-weighted metering system.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR (Vibration Reduction) lens
- Reduces the effect of camera shake to minimize blur and maintain focus.
24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor delivers spectacularly true-to-life images
- This innovative new sensor is designed without an optical low-pass filter for the purest most lifelike images, and HD videos with unsurpassed sharpness and clarity.
ISO 100–12,800 (expandable to 25,600) for studio-quality images
- Enjoy crisp, clean images over a broad spectrum of lighting conditions, even capturing great shots just before dawn and at dusk, when available light is beautiful but scarce.
Capture fast-action shots with continuous shooting at up to 5 fps (frames per second)
- From joyous facial expressions to fast-paced sports action, burst mode ensures you get the shot even if it only lasts a fraction of a second.
3.2" Vari-angle ultra-high-resolution LCD monitor swivels 180° for exciting new angles
- Hold the camera overhead for great shots over a crowd, or hold it low for a fun face-to-face perspective of your pet. The potential is almost limitless.
Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly connect to your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Import your favorites and instantly email them, text them or post them online.
Use your smart device as a remote monitor or remote control
- Utilize your Wi-Fi connection to see what the camera sees on your smartphone or tablet, and even fire the shutter — perfect for group shots and self portraits.
Built-in GPS is just the ticket for traveling
- Geotag all of your shots to create exciting travel journals, find nearby Points of Interest, and easily share your location data when posting photos on Facebook or Flickr.
Eye-level single-lens reflex viewfinder provides virtually true-to-life image representation
- With approximately 95% horizontal and vertical frame coverage, you can compose the shot by seeing virtually the same shot the lens sees.
Focus exactly where you want it
- Whether shooting stationary images, high-speed action or Full HD video, a 39-point high-density autofocus system with 3-D tracking locks onto your subject to keep it in perfect focus.
Scene Recognition System delivers shots as clearly as you see them
- It automatically analyzes your shot, comparing it to an onboard database of scenes to determine optimal auto exposure, flash exposure, white balance and autofocus settings.
Built in HDR (High Dynamic Range) lets you embrace highlights and shadows
- Automatically combines two photos into one highly dynamic image, and new subject-based Active D-Lighting automatically brightens shadowy areas on your subjects.
Scene Modes give you great results even in tricky shooting situations
- You simply select from 16 common Scene Modes such as Portrait, Close-up, Dusk/Dawn, Sports, Landscape, Autumn Colors and more, then let the camera optimize the settings.
Get creative with Image Effects
- Make a single vivid color pop in a black & white photo, turn a landscape into a toy model, shoot portraits that look like paintings and more.
Edit your shots within the camera
- The Retouch Menu lets you perfect the photos you share. Easily crop, apply filters, effects and more right in the Camera — no additional software needed.
Compact, lightweight, rugged and comfortable
- Designed for ergonomics — every button and dial has been carefully placed for comfortable, easy and efficient operation.
Built-in auto flash for proper illumination without red eye
- Features auto, auto slow sync, fill-flash, red-eye reduction, slow sync modes and more to ensure optimal lighting in a variety of conditions.
Multiformat memory card slot for storing or transferring data
- Accepts Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity and SDXC cards. Memory cards not included.
- Camera Body Style: Digital SLR
- Megapixels (Effective): 24.2
- Megapixels (Total): 24.78
- Image Storage Type: Secure Digital (SD)/Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)/Secure Digital Expanded Capacity (SDXC)
- Image Resolution: Up to 6,000 x 4,000
- Lens: AF S DX NIKKOR 18–140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
- LCD Screen Features: Ultra-high-resolution TFT-LCD, 170° angle of view; swivels 180°
- Viewfinder: Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex with approximately 95% horizontal and vertical frame coverage; 0.82x magnification
- Shutter Speeds: 1/4000 to 30 sec. in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- White Balance: auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual
- ISO Equivalent: 100 - 12,800 (expandable to 25,600)
- Interface: High-speed USB
- Video Outputs: Type C mini HDMI
- Audio: Built-in or external stereo microphone; sensitivity adjustable
- File Formats: Still: JPEG, NEF (RAW), NEF (RAW)+JPEG; Video: MOV (Image data: H.264/MPEG-4 advanced video coding, Audio: Linear PCM)
- Exposure Control: Auto (Auto), Auto Flash off, Aperture-Priority (A), Manual (M), Programmed auto with flexible program (P), Shutter-Priority, (S)Scene Modes
- Image Storage Capacity: Varies
- Imaging Sensor Type: CMOS
- Imaging Sensor Size: 23.5mm x 15.6mm
- Software Included: Nikon ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
- HD Movie Mode Focus: Auto Focus
- Max ISO: 12801 and higher