An entirely new, satin silver front with illuminated touch controls places Kühl and Kühl + Heat/Cool at the forefront of room air design. And now you can personalize your space with optional designer color fronts. New, advanced digital controls intuitively provide comfort, convenience and ease of use and allow for a range of programmability previously only associated with high-end central air systems.
At the heart of each unit, you'll find the durable components and heavy duty construction that you expect from Friedrich. Engineering details like heavy gauge steel, rifled copper tubing, high tech aluminum fins with sine wave technology, aluminum end plates that reduce corrosion, totally-enclosed commercial grade motors, high efficiency compressors, vibration absorbing technology and insulated air plenums. All details that ensure years of reliable performance and quiet operation.
Comfort and Convenience
- Commercial grade durability.
- Optional wired wall thermostat.
- Built-in programmable 7 day thermostat.
- 24 hr. timer.
- 3 cooling and 3 fan-only speeds.
- Automatic temperature and fan speed adjustment.
- Comfortwatch technology samples the air to more accurately maintain the
- 8-way air flow control.
- Temperature readout can alternately display set temperature, room
temperature and outdoor temperature, or digital clock as selected.
- Optional control panel lockout.
- Scratch resistant cabinet.
- LCD panel auto dims if not in use.
- Nightlight mode.
- 7 yr. battery provides back up system that saves settings if power is
Superior Sound Reduction Technology
- Steel inner wall and extra dense insulation materials block outdoor
- Vibration isolating design and components diminish traditional operating
- Precision engineering maximizes air flow while delivering ultraquiet
- Superior fresh air intake and stale air exhaust vent.
- Washable, antimicrobial air filter.
- Optional premium filter when used in conjuction with standard filter
provides superior air filtration with ratings as high as MERV 6, while also
adsorbing odors and reducing ozone and VOCs.
- Hinged door for easy filter access for easier maintenance.
- Electronic maintenance indicators include check filter reminder and
error code storage.
- Auto Fan mode saves money by conserving energy.
- Energy Star qualified.
- Environmentally-friendly R-410A refrigerant.
- Recyclable packaging.
- RoHS compliant.
Safety and Security Features
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection-steel retaining wire secures the
chassis to the sleeve to deter 'kick-in' intrusion.
- Electrical current protected powercord.
- Insect barrier.
- Protective rear grille.
- Install in a window or thru the-wall.
- Slide-out chassis for more permanent installation and easier access for
- Includes heavy duty window installation hardware.
- Rugged hardboard side panels for a more permanent installation.
- Power cord can run either left or right.
- Firm grip handles for easier chassis installation and removal.
- Front cover attaches easily and securely. Nut driver included.
- Cooling Capacity: 27,800/27,000 BTU
- Heating Capacity: N/A
- Volts Rated: 230/208 Volts
- Cooling Amps: 13.5/14.4 Amps
- Cooling Watts: 2,865/2,812 Watts
- Heating Amps: N/A
- Heating Watts: N/A
- COP: N/A
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (ERR): 9.7/9.6
- Moisture Removal: 8.5 Pints/Hr.
- Room Side Air Circulation: 600 CFM
- Sleeve Type: L
- Circuit Rating/Breaker
- Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse: 250V - 20A
- Plug Face (NEMA#): 6-20P
- Power Cord Length: 4 Ft.
Dimensions and Weights
- Width: 28"
- Depth with Front: 35 1/2"
- Shell Depth to Louvers: 16 1/2"
- Height: 20 3/16"
- Min. Extension Into Room: 5 3/8"
- Min. Extension Outside: 18 15/16"
- Window Width - Min.: 29 7/8"
- Window Width - Max.: 42"
- Net Weight: 201 Lbs.
Thru-the-Wall Installation Finished Hole
- Width: 28 1/4"
- Max. Depth: 15 1/8"
- Height: 20 3/8"