High-performance wide-angle zoom features Nano Crystal Coat and VR image stabilization for dramatically sharper still images and video capture. Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
Definitive Wide-angle Zoom Lens
- Versatile wide-angle lens, perfect for travel, land and cityscapes, and
Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens,
enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would
otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video
Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of
wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing
chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
3 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of
aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the
lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- Focal Length: 16-35mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Aspherical lens Elements: 3
- Picture Angle: 107°-63°(83°-44° when used in DX Crop mode or with
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.95ft (0.29m) at a focal length of 16mm or 35mm
0.9ft (0.28m) at a focal length between 20mm and 28mm
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.25x
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization: Yes. Provides up to 4
stops of compensation
- Advanced Coating: Nikon Nano Crystal Coat (N)
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Elements: 2
- Focusing: Autofocus with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and manual focus
- Internal Focus (IF): Yes
- Aperture Control: Via camera Command Dial
- Diaphragm Blades: 9 (rounded)
- Filter Attachment Size: 77mm Screw-on
- Dimensions (diameter x length): (Approx.) 3.2 x 4.9 in. / 82.5 x125mm
- Weight: (Approx.) 24.0oz. / 680g
- Supplied Accessories: LF-1 Rear Lens Cap; LC-77 Snap-on Front Lens Cap;
HB-23 Bayonet Lens Hood; CL-1120 Semi-soft Case
- Product Number: 2182
Included in the box with this product:
Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Wide Angle Zoom Lens LC-77 Snap-on Front Lens Cap LF-1 Rear Lens Cap CL-1120 Soft Case