Life is full of interesting views, and you need a lens that can catch them all. Whether you're shooting wide group photos or portraits, close-ups or landscapes, photos or HD videos, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II delivers the sharpest, most color-rich results imaginable. Optimized for Nikon's new high-resolution DX-format image sensors, it borrows the ultra-compact retractable lens barrel design from the Nikon 1 system. Nikon's remarkable Vibration Reduction technology provides 4.0 stops* of blur-free handheld shooting—enjoy crisp, clear images even if your hands are a bit unsteady and shoot at slower shutter speeds in low-light situations. No matter where you're headed, grab the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II and rest assured: you'll be able to land fantastic shots.
Versatile 18–55mm focal length range
- There's a reason Nikon includes an 18-55mm lens with so many D-SLR
kits—it's simply a fantastic all-around lens. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm
f/3.5-5.6G VR II is the most compact, advanced version of the 18-55mm lens
yet. A new retractable barrel design inspired by the Nikon 1 system makes it
approx. 25% smaller and lighter than its predecessors, and the latest
Vibration Reduction technology provides 4.0* stops of blur-free handheld
shooting. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or tight close-ups,
photos or HD videos, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II delivers.
Optimized for DX-format cameras
- The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II is optimized to draw maximum
performance from Nikon's new generation of high-resolution DX-format HD-SLRs.
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) ensures outstanding color richness
and contrast by reducing reflections and glare. A seven-blade rounded
diaphragm renders backgrounds and out-of-focus elements in your shots with a
natural, softly blurred appearance. Your photos and HD videos will reveal
the astounding sharpness and detail your HD-SLR is capable of achieving.
The Nikon Vibration Reduction advantage
- The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II features Nikon's latest
Vibration Reduction image stabilization technology, which provides 4.0*
stops of blur-free handheld shooting. That means your photos and videos will
be tack-sharp, even if your hands are a bit unsteady. Additionally, it means
you'll be able to shoot at slower shutter speeds without affecting image
sharpness—a huge advantage in low light situations where slower shutter
speeds mean brighter photos.
Super Integrated Coating
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer
coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
Silent Wave Motor
- AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which
represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic
vibrations—rather than a gear system—to focus the lens, providing incredibly
smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by
automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will
feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length Range: 18-55mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-36
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 28°50'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 76°
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.31x
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization: Yes
- Distance Information: Yes
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.92 ft. (0.28m)
- Focus Mode: Auto ; Manual
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length):
2.3 in. (59.5 mm) x 2.6 in. (66 mm)
- Approx. Weight: 6.9 oz. (195 g)