The Style 5225-XP is a Galaxy Series, collinear-phased 5/8-wave antenna of 8' overall length. The one-section, 6dB antenna has a stainless steel ferrule and a 20' RG 8/X low-loss cable.
Shakespeare Galaxy Style 5225-XP8' VHF 6dB Gain
Collinear-phased 5/8 wave elements
For the toughest of the tough jobs, Shakespeare introduces the extra edge of silver plated elements on world-renowned, world class, Galaxy marine VHF antennas. The new 5225-XP is a maximum range antenna built in a Shakespeare extra tough fiberglass radome. It's designed to withstand the wind forces and high speeds when used on hard tops, T-tops, and radar arches. The silver plating adds extended performance for extra reliable communications. The antenna's legendary Galaxy® high-gloss finish assures that it's welcome aboard.
- Copper and silver plated brass elements for extraordinary range and efficiency
- Stainless steel ferrule with standard 1"-14 thread
- 20' RG-8/X low-loss cable plus a PL-259 connector
- Suggested mount: Shakespeare 4187
- Shakespeare Limited Warranty: 5 years
- Silver Plated Elements Extended Performance
|Frequency:||VHF Marine Band|
|Bandwidth:||3 MHz within 2.0:1 VSWR|
|SWR:||nominally 1.5:1 at 156.8 MHz|
|Max Input (Watts):||150 watts|
|DC Ground:||YES (ohmeter test will read "shorted")|