Blending notable imaging qualities with refined handling, the PowerShot G7 X Mark II Digital Camera from Canon is a compact point-and-shoot characterized by its large feature-set. Utilizing a 20.1MP 1" CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, this camera offers an expanded sensitivity of ISO 25600 and achieves smooth image quality with reduced noise when working in low-light conditions.
Additionally, it is also capable of recording stills at up to 8 fps as well as Full HD 1080p60 video. Complementing the sensor and processor combination is a versatile 4.2x zoom lens, which provides a 24-100mm equivalent focal length range, covering wide-angle to short-telephoto perspectives. A fast f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
The lens design is surrounded by a familiar control ring that offers intuitive control over settings, and a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD provides a natural means for composing imagery from a variety of shooting angles. Additionally, the G7 X Mark II also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for wireless sharing of imagery to smartphones or tablets, as well as remote camera control from linked mobile devices.
- 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor with Canon's new DIGIC 7 Image Processor helps deliver outstanding image quality even in low light.
The PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera features a large 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel* CMOS sensor that helps capture high-quality images and videos. Its wide dynamic range helps ensure both bright and dark parts of an image are fully captured, like the shadowy side of a building on a bright sunny day, or streetlights on a dark night. 20.1 Megapixels* means photos with enough detail to print, or enjoy on high-resolution monitors and mobile devices. It also gives additional flexibility during editing, giving you the option of cropping in on your subject for improved composition while still having a detailed, high-resolution image. Smooth gradations from light to dark keeps unrealistic banding in solid colors to a minimum.
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor
The new DIGIC 7 Image Processor's enhanced tracking and detection capabilities help keep subjects in focus, while ensuring each image has a high level of sharpness and minimum picture noise. Whether you're capturing a fast-moving athlete or a feisty puppy, the DIGIC 7 Image Processor in the PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera can stay locked on throughout the action. Improved face tracking helps keep your friend or family member the subject of the photo. Even in extreme cases, like in low saturation or low-light dusk, dawn or darkened interior moments, the DIGIC 7 Image Processor helps keep what you're photographing in focus. It also features the new Dual Sensing IS, which uses data from the image itself to help minimize the blur caused by camera shake and body movement.
- Canon HS System
The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos as they happen. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and truly impressive detail in both highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies in the PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera: the large format 1.0-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which captures more light; and the DIGIC 7 Image Processor, which actively reduces noise at high ISO speeds up to 12800 and processes images at high speed, even at full resolution. Experience the freedom of using higher shutter speeds in far more situations, allowing you to capture images with outstanding clarity and detail.
Image Capture Device
- Type: 20.1 Megapixel*, 1.0-inch CMOS (sensor aspect ratio: 3:2)
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
- Total Pixels: Approx. 20.9 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 20.1 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 8.8 (W) - 36.8 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 24-100mm)
- Optical Zoom: 4.2x
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
- Normal: 2.0 in. (5 cm) - infinity (W), 1.3 ft. (40 cm) - infinity (T)
- Macro/Underwater Macro: 2.0 in. - 1.6 ft. (5-50 cm) (W)
- Quick: 5.0-65.6 ft. (1.5-20m) (W), 5.0-65.6 ft. (1.5-20m) (T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus, Manual Focus
- Optical Viewfinder: Not available
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch tilt-type TFT color liquid crystal, with biaxial tilt for low and high angle shooting
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 1.04 million dots
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8 (W), f/2.8 (T)
- Shutter Speed:
- 1-1/2000 sec. (in Auto mode)
- 15 -1/2000 sec. (in all shooting modes)
- BULB (in M mode only)
- 1/8 minimum in Manual Movie Mode
- ISO 125-6400 (in Auto mode)
- Max. ISO Speed in P mode is ISO 12800 (expanded ISO: 25600)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative, Center Weighted Average, Spot
- Exposure Control Method: Manual Exposure, Program Shift, Safety Shift, AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation:
- Still Images: ±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Videos: ±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments (not available during shooting)
- White Balance: Auto, Day Light, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater WB, Kelvin Settings, Custom 1-2
- Built-in Flash: Auto, On, Slow Synchro, Off
- Flash Range: 1.6 ft. (50 cm) - 23 ft. (7.0 m) (W), 1.3 ft. (40 cm) - 13 ft. (4.0 m) (T) Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes: C, M, Av, Tv, P, Hybrid Auto, Auto, Self Portrait, Portrait, Panning, Star Portrait, Star Nightscape, Star Trails, Star Time-Lapse Movie, Handheld Night Scene, High Dynamic Range, Fish-eye Effect, Art Bold Effect, Water Painting Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Background Defocus, Soft Focus, Grainy B/W, Underwater, Fireworks, Standard Movie, Short Clip, Manual Movie, Time-Lapse Movie, iFrame Movie
- Self Timer: Off, 2 sec., 10 sec., Custom
- Wireless Control: Wi-Fi® / NFC
- Continuous Shooting:
- One Shot H: Approx. 8.0 shots/sec. (max. 30 shots)
- One Shot L: Approx. 4.0 shots/sec.
- Servo H: Approx. 5.4 shots/sec. (max. 46 shots)
- Servo L: Approx. 4.0 shots/sec.
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC and UHS-I Memory Cards
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system (DCF) compliant; DPOF (Version 1.1) compatible
- Image Recording Format: Fine / Normal
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG), RAW (Canon original: 14-bit, CR2)
- Video: MP4 (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Stereo))
- Number of Recording Pixels
||5472 x 3072
||5472 x 3648
||4864 x 3648
||3648 x 3648
||3648 x 2048
||3648 x 2432
||3248 x 2432
||2432 x 2432
|Small 1 (S1)
||2736 x 1536
||2736 x 1824
||2432 x 1824
||1824 x 1824
|Small 2 (S2)
||2400 x 1344
||2400 x 1600
||2112 x 1600
||1600 x 1600
Time of Recordable Movies
- Description: List/Play Digest Movies, Story Highlights, Protect, Favorites, Erase, Image Search, Slideshow, Rotate, Album Playback, Short Clip Mix, Resize, Cropping, Red-Eye Correction, Face ID Info, Creative Filters, RAW Image Processing, Photobook Set-up, Image Transition Effect, Index Effect, Scroll Display, Group Images, Auto Rotate, Resume, Image Jump with Control Ring/Front Dial, Set Touch Actions, Playback Information Display
- Audio Out: Stereo
- Other: Direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Shooting Capacity:
- Approx. 265 shots with Screen On (CIPA compliant)
- Approx. 355 shots with ECO Mode
- Playback Time: Approx. 5 hours
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Height: 2.40"
- Width: 4.15"
- Depth: 1.65"
Get your questions answered by the community!