This new Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II does everything a little better than every other previous 80-200mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens I can't find any area in which it isn't Nikon's best yet. The only potential gotcha is that at close distances, the effective focal length range contracts, effectively becoming a 65-135mm lens at 5 feet (1.5m).
- Fast f/2.8 Zoom-NIKKOR lens
- Perfect for sports, photojournalism and wildlife photography.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- 7 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Focuses to 4.6 feet
- Close focusing provided throughout the entire zoom range for extended versatility.
- M/A focus mode switch
- Enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation.
- Flower-shaped lens hood
- Included HB-48 lens hood—shades the objective from unwanted, image-degrading light.
- Focal Length Range: 70-200mm
- Zoom Ratio: 2.9x
- Maximum Aperture: 2.8
- Minimum Aperture: 22
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Vibration Reduction: Yes
- Distance Information: Yes
- ED Glass Elements: Yes
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Nano Crystal Coat: Yes
- Internal Focusing: Yes
- Manual/Auto Focus Mode: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.6 ft. (1.4m)
- Maximum Angle of View: 34° 20'
- Minimum Angle of View: 12° 20'
- Lens (Elements): 21
- ED (Elements): 7
- Lens (Groups): 16
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.12
3.4x8.2in. (Diameter x Length)
87x209mm (Diameter x Length)
- Weight: 54.3oz. (1540g)
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Lens Attachment Size: 77mm
- Lens Case: CL-M2
- Lens Hood: HB-48
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens - Qty 1
- 77mm Multi-Coated Glass Circular Polarizer (Rotates) 77-CPL - Qty 1
- 77mm Multi-Coated Glass UltraViolet (UV) Filter - Qty 1
- 2-in-1 Lens Cleaning Pen With Solution - Qty 1
- Rubber Lens Dust Blower - Qty 1
Get your questions answered by the community!