Lens Cleaning Kits - Video
The AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR a powerful zoom lens, Nikon 28-300mm optimized for FX-format cameras, offers outstanding sharpness for a broad zoom range while maintaining an f/5.6 aperture at the telephoto end. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.5 stops* of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. A remarkably versatile zoom lens best suited for travel and other outdoor applications.Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED
- Versatile 10.7x zoom lens with ED glass and VR II image stabilization Versatile zoom lens offers a broad focal length range that’s perfect for travel, landscapes, portraits and distant subjects.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- 3 Aspherical Lens Elements Virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Focus to 18 inches at any focal length Extends versatility
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs DX-format D-SLR angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 42-450mm in FX/35mm format.
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Internal Focus (IF) Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Zoom Lock Switch Secures the lens barrel at its minimum focal length preventing the lens from extending during transport.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayone
- Focal Length Range: 28-300mm
- Maximum Aperture: 3.5
- Minimum Aperture: 22
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 53°
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 5°20'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 74°
- Minimum Angle of View (FX-format): 8°10'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.32x
- Lens (Elements): 19
- Lens (Groups): 14
- Compatible Format(s): FX; DX; FX in DX Crop Mode; 35mm Film
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image: Stabilization; Yes
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Distance Information: Yes
- ED Glass (Elements): 2
- Aspherical (Elements): 3
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Internal Focusing: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.6 ft. (0.5m) throughout entire zoom range
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Dimensions: (Approx.)3.26x4.5 in. (Diameter x Length); 83x114.5mm (Diameter x Length)
- Weight: (Approx.)28.2 oz. (800g)
- Lens Case: CL-1120
- Lens Hood: HB-50
Jack S, Miami on 7/3/2017
Amazing! My pictures came out crystal clear!
Patrick K, NY on 12/7/2016
I'm a professional photographer. Weddings, portraits, concerts, landscapes, urban exploring. I do it all. I shoot with a Nikon D3 (for weddings and portraits) and D800 (landscapes and fine art shots.) I love prime lenses.
I started with the Nikon FX "holy trinity" of zooms (14-24, 24-70 and 70-200). But when I looked at my metadata in LightRoom, I noticed I was pretty consistently shooting at around 105mm for portraits, 14mm for landscapes. So I switched to primes and loved them.
Until I had to shoot a wedding without a 2nd shooter. I realized I needed a zoom so I got this one. I was expecting to be disappointed, but was really surprised at the quality of shots!
It focuses better than the 24-70mm. Shots are as crisp as any prime lens. Portraits at 200-300mm are exquisite.
The main drawback, of course, is having the aperture go to 5.6 when zoomed out. I thought this would be a real problem, but on the D3 I can boost the ISO and never miss a shot.
I've used this lens indoo
Greg P, Texas on 5/10/2016
Received this lens 2 days ago and took it around town and to a baseball game to try it out on my D700. Overall I am very pleased with it. The zoom range allows for great flexibility, the autofocus is fast, VR II superb as on other Nikon lenses. While the zoom is not as loose as the early 18-200mm lenses, you do need the included lock for it not to creep if you carry the lens pointed down on your camera. The weight of the lens as other reviewers say is quite comfortable - mine with clear protective filter comes in at 860g, just a touch heavier than the 70-300mm but not something you'd noticed without a scale. Build quality is very solid.
I tested this lens against my 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 VR and the 16-35mm f4 VR and overall I was pleasantly surprised how well the new lens did. Three things potential buyers should be aware of:
1) while the lens is listed as 28-300mm it seems to be neither quite 28mm (the angle of view is slightly narrower than the 16-35mm set to 28mm), nor does it quite ex
- Nikon 28-300mm F/3.5-5.6 AF S Nikkor ED VR Lens - Qty 1
- 77mm Multi-Coated Glass Circular Polarizer (Rotates) 77-CPL - Qty 1
- 77mm Multi-Coated Glass UltraViolet (UV) Filter - Qty 1
- 2-in-1 Lens Cleaning Pen With Solution - Qty 1
- 6 Piece Starter Kit - Includes, Cleaning Kit, LCD Screen Covers, Table Top Tripod - Qty 1
- Rubber Lens Dust Blower - Qty 1
Get your questions answered by the community!