Lens Cleaning Kits - Video
The Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Lens for Nikon + also know as Tamron18-270mm Di II VC PZD is an astonishingly light, compact ultra-high-power zoom lens with a filter diameter of 62mm. Weighing in at 15.9oz., this new all-in-one zoom lens is equipped with an AF unit driven by Tamron's new PZD (Piezo Drive), an ultrasonic motor that delivers faster and quieter focusing when the autofocus is engaged. The 18-270mm Di II VC PZD is easy to use and highly portable - a high-power zoom that will offer the user the versatility to shoot in a variety of situations. Its wide zoom range of 18-270mm positions the lens as an all-purpose workhorse for any photographic situation.
Compact and Easy to Carry 15X All-in-One Zoom with Outstanding Feature Set
- The 18-270mm Di II VC PZD boasts the world’s highest zoom range at 15x magnification for a lens with its compact size and light weight, with the added value of Tamron’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization. At 15.9 ounces, measuring 3.8 inches in length (from mount face to the tip of the lens), and 2.9 inches in diameter with a filter diameter of Ø62mm, it’s a compact and easy-to-carry lens. A minimum focusing distance of 19.3 inches throughout the zoom range and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8.
Tamron’s new PZD (Piezo Drive) autofocus technology delivers silent, high-speed autofocus in a compact lens
- Ultrasonic motors are divided into two categories depending on the principle that generates the energy to move the drive: traveling wave motors and standing wave motors. Traveling wave motors include the ring-type ultrasonic motor used in the recently launched SP 70-300mm VC USD as well as other lenses, but this lens employs a newer technology, the PZD (Piezo Drive), which functions on the standing wave principle.
- A standing wave ultrasonic motor utilizes high-frequency voltage to extend and turn the Piezoelectric (Piezoceramic) element, thus moving the entire element in a standing wave movement. The metal tip is the contact point of the element to the rotor, and moves in an elliptic motion from the swiveling motion of the moving element, and the friction from this motion turns the rotor. Standing wave ultrasonic motors have the distinct advantage of being smaller than their traveling wave counterparts, and therefore allow a more compact SLR lens size.
VC (Vibration Compensation)
- Tamron’s VC mechanism employs a three-coil system, whereby three driving coils activate the shake-compensating VC lens group electromagnetically via three steel balls. The VC lens elements are held in place only by contact with the steel balls, achieving smooth movement with little friction. This provides a stable viewfinder image with excellent tracking performance that eliminates the blur from handheld shots for cleaner, crisper shots.
New VC Mechanism (Moving Coil Method)
- Tamron’s original VC image stabilization mechanism utilized a moving magnet system whereby a heavy magnet was positioned near the moving VC lens element. In the new VC unit, the positions of the magnet and the coil are reversed, and because of this, the VC optical lens element is attached to the coil. The new VC mechanism employs a moving coil mechanism with a lightweight coil, and the lighter coil reduces the load on the drive system. Thus, the lighter, more compact new VC unit contributes to the lens’s overall light weight and compact size.
- Model: B008
- Focal length: 18-270mm
- Maximum aperture: F/3.5 – 6.3
- Angle of view (diagonal): 75°33′- 5°55′
- Lens construction: 16 elements, 13 groups
- Minimum focus distance: 19.3 in (0.49m)
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 3.8 (at f=270mm: MFD 0.49m)
- Filter size: Ø62mm
- Length: 3.5 in (88mm)
- Entire Length:ã€€ã€€ 3.8 in (96.4mm)
- Diameter: Ø74.4mm (2.9 in)
- Weight: 450g (15.9 oz)
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7
- Minimum aperture: F/22 - 40
- Standard accessories: Flower-shaped lens hood
- Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Lens for Nikon - Qty 1
- 62mm 3 Piece Multi-coated Glass Filter Set (Ultra Violet, Circular Polarizer, Fluorescent ND Filter - Qty 1
- Large Padded Protective Lens Pouch - Qty 1
- Lens Cap Keeper - Qty 1
- 2-in-1 Lens Cleaning Pen With Solution - Qty 1
- Rubber Lens Dust Blower - Qty 1
- MicroFiber Optical Cleaning Cloth - Qty 1
Get your questions answered by the community!