This 9128B016 Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR camera features a 20.2-megapixel CMOS sensor and comes with an EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens, so you can capture clear images and videos. Built-in GPS allows you to add location information.
Canon clearly doesn't think this is the case and, just as it did with the original 7D, has applied truly pro-grade autofocus to one of its best-built bodies. While Nikon appears to be encouraging its high-end users across to full frame, Canon's range continues to offer a range of options. The long-awaited EOS 7D Mark II takes the strengths of its predecessor - highly capable autofocus and video - and builds on every aspect of them.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II key specifications:
20MP Dual-Pixel AF CMOS Sensor
10 fps continuous shooting with autofocus
65 all cross-type autofocus sensor
150,000 RGB + IR pixel metering sensor
Dual Digic 6 processors
Enhanced environmental sealing
Compact Flash (UDMA) and SD (UHS-I) slots
Shutter speeds up to 1/8000th seconds
Shutter rated to 200,000 cycles (vs 150,000 on 7D)
For stills photographers, the EOS 7D Mark II offers an all cross-type, 65-point AF module. This works in conjunction with information from a 150,000-pixel RGB + IR metering sensor to offer the latest version of the 'Intelligent Tracking and Recognition' (iTR) focus system from the EOS-1D X. This means that with iTR engaged and an initial focus point selected, you can initiate focus with a half-depress of the shutter button and then allow the camera to track the subject as it moves across the frame. In this scenario, the camera automatically uses whichever AF point is necessary to maintain focus on the initially selected subject.
The camera's continuous shooting rate jumps to 10 frames per second - something that was limited to pro-grade sports cameras until relatively recently. Along with this comes a shutter rated to survive 200,000 cycles.
The main image sensor is a variant of the Dual Pixel AF design first seen in the Canon EOS 70D, which means 20MP output. It also means the camera is able to capture information about both subject position and depth whenever its mirror is up, using its image sensor. This can potentially provide more decisive autofocus and subject tracking in 'Live View' and while shooting video. Speaking of movies - the 7D II's movie capabilities get a bit of a boost - gaining 1080p/60 shooting capability and a second choice of wrapper (MOV or MP4) and a third compression option (IPB-Lite, as well as IPB and All-I).
20.2-megapixel, 22.4mm x 15mm APS-C CMOS sensor
- Captures high-resolution images up to 5472 x 3648 pixels.
EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens included
- With 7.5x optical zoom for precise zooming and accuracy.
3" wide color TFT-LCD touch screen
- With approximately 1.04 million dots and 3:2 aspect ratio makes it easy to review images and videos.
High-definition movie mode
- Allows you to capture high-definition video footage at 60p in MOV and MP4 formats. Custom Movie Servo AF (speed and sensitivity) permits continuous focus tracking of moving subjects.
- Lets you capture images in rapid succession at up to 10 fps.
ISO 100-16,000, expandable to H1 (25,600) and H2 (51,200)
- For shooting in various lighting conditions.
65-point cross-type autofocus system
- Enables high-performance, accurate subject tracking with EV -3 sensitivity (center point) for focusing in extreme low-light conditions.
Intelligent Viewfinder II
- With approximately 100% field of view helps you set up shots.
- Lets you add light to shots when necessary. A hot shoe allows you to attach an external flash (not included).
Dual DIGIC 6 image processors
- Allow rapid, high-quality image capture.
- Plus built-in intervalometer and bulb timer to enhance your creativity while shooting.
EOS Scene Detection System
- With a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor for optimal precision.
- Creates a dust- and weather-resistant design.
- Makes is easy to keep track of location data.
- Accept CF (Type 1, UDMA 7), SD, SDHC, SDXC and UHS-I cards (not included).
- Vista Compatible: Home Premium
- Megapixels (Effective): 20.2
- Image Resolution: Up to 5472 x 3648
- Lens Features: EF-S IS STM lens
- Lens Focal Length(s): 35mm equivalent 18 - 135mm
- LCD Screen Features: Wide color TFT-LCD touch screen with approximately 1.04 million dots and 3:2 aspect ratio
- Viewfinder: Intelligent Viewfinder II vertical/horizontal with approximately 100% field of view and approximately 22mm eye point
- Image Stabilization: Yes, optical
- Compatible Memory Formats: CompactFlash (CF)|Secure Digital (SD)|Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)|Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC)
- Shutter Speeds: 1/8000 - 30 sec.
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 - f/5.6 (with included lens)
- White Balance: Auto, preset (daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten light, white fluorescent light, flash), custom, color temperature setting (approximately 2500 -10000K), white balance correction, white balance bracketing
- Flash Modes: Built-in function settings, external Speedlite function settings, external Speedlite custom function settings, wireless flash control
- External Flash Mount: Yes
- ISO Equivalent: Auto, 100 - 16,000 (in 1/3- or whole-stop increments)|expandable to H1 (25,600) and H2 (51,200)
- Self-Timer: 10 sec. or 2 sec.
- Camera Dock: Not included
- File Formats: JPEG, RAW, MOV, MP4
- Exposure Control: Program AE (scene intelligent auto, program), shutter-priority AE, aperture-priority AE, manual, bulb
- Image Storage Capacity: Varies
- Imaging Sensor Type: CMOS
- Imaging Sensor Size: 22.4mm x 15mm
- Software Included: Digital Photo Professional
- Low-Light/High Sensitivity: Yes
- Max ISO: 12801 and higher
- Frames Per Second: 10 or more
- Removable Memory Included: No
David, Chicago on 2/5/2018
It replaced the original 7D. Like GPS tagging. Very happy i purchased this. Great camera.
Daniel, LA on 2/5/2018
Love this camera. Great for shooting animals and sports. Easy to use.
Get your questions answered by the community!